Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Clipse Working With Rick Rueben

A couple years ago The Clipse ended up staying at my hotel for several days because their Phoenix show was cancelled and they had some time before playing at Emo's here in Austin. Being a fan I struck up a conversation with one half of the group Malice. I ended up giving him a ride to the gym every morning and we talked about our dogs. When they checked out instead of giving a couple bucks to the valet guys they kicked down brand new pairs of Adidas, classy! As for me I got on the guest list for a great Hip Hop show. In 2007 Rick Rueben signed them to Columbia Records and now it looks like he will be working with them on the new album. Just thinking about Jay-Z's "99 Problems" or LL Cool J's "Radio" makes me excited to see what they can do over the "Bearded Ones" old school beats.

No comments:

Post a Comment