Thursday, November 5, 2009

Nirvana Live At Reading



Listening to the just released album of Nirvana live at Reading from 1992 I'm beginning to realize that I missed out on seeing them live when I had the chance. I first became aware of the band when my local college radio station played "Smells Like Teen Spirit" right after Nevermind was released. I remember being captivated by the song but also being confused because I could not neatly put it in the category of what I was defining as punk at the time. Now almost two decades later it is clear that Nirvana were much more "punk" than almost all of the bands I was listening to at the time. Live at Reading shows the band as a true power trio firing on all cylinders. The band assaults these songs with an intensity seldom seen. Man I wish I would have caught them at Trees when I had the chance.



No comments:

Post a Comment